Détail de l'annonce
We are looking for an outstanding Planner Trainee to join our Altra team at VF International in Stabio, Switzerland.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family
Let’s talk about the role!
In this role as a Trainee Planner you’ll be responsible for calculating the European product sales forecast for future seasons for the assigned product category at a style-colour level based on: financial goals, sales history, sales/product team input, market trends and inventory position. Analyzing and planning buys against production requirements (factory capacity, lead times and minimums) in order to achieve maximum sales with minimal inventory exposure.
Calculating and place buys at sku level in accordance with global deadlines; coordinating shared information; supporting the creation of department analysis and reports.
Ensuring timely and accurate cross functional communication with all counterparts.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
* Create seasonal forecast according to Global forecast deadlines. Analyze seasonal Sku count/efficiency and provide recommendations to Product Team on timely manner (prior to Sample ordering).
* At Sales meeting, ensure collection of Market Fcst and use all available info (budget, history, current sales orders, when available) in order to produce an accurate Forecast:
* Translate Forecast in ‘purchase plans’
* Perform Supply/Demand match at Vendor/month level, in order to identify bottlenecks and mitigation options.
* Buy Planning: define buys, at Sku level, based on current inventory levels, open purchase orders and production constraints (i.e. minimums, lead times)
* Identify styles under production minimums (potential drops) and take appropriate actions; report to Sales Team sold out products during the Sales campaign.
* Verify Sales Orders have been booked according to correct delivery window and required corrections are done by CS where necessary
* Ensure timely communication on all topics regarding Planning/Buy process and styles set up with all relevant counterparts (customer service, pricing and sales)
* Ensure planning KPI’s are met: order coverage, shortages, excess.
On time deliveries
* Collaborate with product acquisition (PA) on ‘vendor confirmation’ process to ensure that confirmed PO’s (qty/dates) are aligned to Planning Team requests
* Weekly tracking of On time Order Coverage: analyze delays, root causes and identify expedite options within Air budget
Reporting and others duties
* Track Forecast and Buy Plan accuracy for assigned Brand/category. Perform seasonal root cause analysis to identify learnings and apply to future season’s fcst
* Responsible for KPI tracking and analysis in support of all needed corrective actions.
* Ensure historical data availability in support of trend analysis (i.e. analysis of Reorders and Cancellations)
What you need to succeed?
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Well-organized and detail-oriented approach to work
* Embrace teamwork
* Effective Communication skills
* MS Office Excel Proficiency
What’s in it for you?
* A 12 months paid internship
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
* After one month, you will receive a discount card with 50% on all VF brands
* Subsidized canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you! We expect that your cv and cover letter will be written in English, since this is our common language.