Détail de l'annonce
VF Corporation is a global powerhouse representing several lifestyle brands such as Timberland, Vans, Dickies, The North Face, Kipling, Napapijri, Smartwool and Reef.
Our brands are sold in more than 150 countries through 47,000 retailers in all channels of distribution, from mass to department to specialty retailers. In addition, we own and operate more than 1,100 retail stores. Many of our brands also sell products directly to consumers over the Internet.
In Europe, VF employs more than 7,000 associates. Our brand-new automated UK Distribution Centre in Coalville is due to be operational in April 2021. Between now and “go-live” we are looking to hire a core team to play a significant role in the set-up of the new site. The HR Generalist role will be part of this collaboration.
The HR Generalist role
You’ll support the Director of UK Distribution and his leadership team in executing HR process & policies for the new site. You’ll act as a primary HR contact to employees and leaders by giving advice on several HR themes and by executing action plans following legislation, procedures and VF strategy and work environment. Overall, you will ensure a smooth and proper HR set up – although accountability for Payroll & Recruitment will not fall under the HR Generalist remit.
The role will:
- Support the Distribution Director and HRBP with the overall People Strategy for the new site, which includes the set-up of new policies/processes, building an inclusive culture and creating a unique onboarding experience.
- Once established, you will ensure optimal support & guidance around sickness/absence reporting, performance management tools and processes; subsequently empowering our people leaders.
- Be a primary contact for all Employee Relations, by giving solid advice and coaching line managers through ER cases. Assisting in formal meetings where possible.
- Conduct an annual Learning Needs Analysis to identify training gaps.
- Be part of the Learning & Development program by delivering in-house training & surgeries as well as co-ordinating external training.
Your qualifications & profile
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
- Education: CIPD Level 5 Qualified is desired but not essential.
- As this role requires specific expertise for a start-up site, previous experience in a HR Generalist, Business Partner or Advisor is essential.
- Automated warehousing/distribution centre is an advantage.
- Good with systems (MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, Workday, knowledge of T&A Protime system is a strong advantage)
- Strong communication and ER skills. Able to deal with a high level and broad spectrum of senior stakeholders.
- Able to work independently; hands-on; proactive and creative with plenty of autonomy. You’ll be involved in the set-up of a brand-new site so the ability to provide & execute HR structure is essential. It will feel like a stand-alone role, even though remote support from Head Office is always available.
- Although homeworking has been supported as the preferred option for the majority of our associates during the COVID crisis, we would require any candidate to be flexible towards business needs. Therefore, presence at our new DC will be required as much as possible in the first 12 months, until the site is fully operational.
We offer a challenging position in an inclusive, informal and diverse global organization. There will be good training opportunities, growth perspective and a competitive remuneration package. Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm (40 hours per week). Flexibility around start/finishing times can be considered.