This role will support VF EMEA Sustainability & CSR Senior Manager in delivering the sustainability strategy with a specific focus on climate and energy efficiency initiatives, sustainable packaging and retail operations. It will also focus on supporting the EMEA based brands with its Sustainability efforts.
EMEA based Brands Sustainability
Project Manage the following priorities:
* collaborate with global sustainability team to implement sustainable materials guideline;
* support with sustainability product claims, ensuring relevant data is assessed;
* support VF Global Traceability team in implementing traceability process;
* Ensure alignment on all environmental programs, guidelines and policies (including ADM and FDM) and integrate in EMEA brands as relevant
* Identify current packaging practices in EMEA distribution centres in partnership with procurement, e-com teams and other relevant teams (brand + corporate)
* Participate in relevant Sustainable Packaging working groups (in VF at an industry level), ensuring onboarding of key EMEA stakeholders and implementation of VF packaging guidelines and policies.
* Participate in internal working groups of new store openings, ensuring alignment with VF sustainability guidelines
* Act as consultant to the property, retail and Brands’ marketing teams on any queries related to sustainability at retail level
* Ensure VF EMEA compliance to the EU Energy Efficiency Directive
* Identify logistics opportunities to reduce environmental footprint in EMEA DCs and at Retail level.
* Develop and implement cross-brand offsetting strategy and integrate into Brands
* Support VF EMEA Sr. S&R Manager in Key Accounts’ management
Corporate Alignment: Participate and contribute to VF’s sustainability Working Groups and to Global meetings when required.
Data gathering act as liaison between external and internal stakeholders to gather data needed for sustainability reporting, energy efficiency auditing, etc
* EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree with a focus on environmental studies or equivalent work-based experience
* LANGUAGES: English language is essential both written and verbal. Additional language is an advantage
* EXPERIENCE: 5 years working experience at international level, at least 3 years environmental sustainability experience. Technical knowledge on climate change or product & materials an asset.