We are looking for an outstanding Product Merchandiser Mountain Sports to join our The North Face team in Stabio, Switzerland.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
What will you do?
The Product Merchandiser Mountain Sports is responsible for driving the category vision & strategy market-wide and working with their cross functional partners across the integrated marketplace to drive well-informed assortment and business strategies.
The selected candidate will be responsible for creating compelling seasonal product assortments for the EMEA marketplace in their assigned consumer territory, as well as driving assortment direction and business results focused on category consumer right assortments to ensure a holistic, premium, differentiated and elevated marketplace.
* Seasonal EMEA merchandising assortment strategy
* Go to Person for interactions will Global Merch Engine
* Strategic plan guidance | financial plan target setting
* Marketplace segmentation strategy development and execution
* Channel-specific big ideas and curated assortments
* Regional Line adoption in collaboration with global merch and other regions
* Pricing and margin guidance
* Milestone forecasts
* Market travel and marketplace insights
* Support Sales with educational tools and presentations for sell-in support
* Flow strategy at style/color level
* Quick turn logowear strategy and in-season management
* Seasonal hind sighting and assortment analytics
* Storytelling support for digital, in-store and brand marketing teams
* Administration of responsible Line and SKU List
What you need to succeed?
* You have 3+ years of experience in branded merchandise/development/retail buying
* You have a bachelor of Arts: Merchandising, Product Management, Business preferred, or equivalent combination of years of experience and education preferred
* You have good communication skills both verbal and written, strong cross functional collaboration skills required
* You have a good presentation skills, proven ability to influence internal and external business partners and customers
* You have a good understanding of assigned marketplace, including regional differences, across diverse channels of distribution
* You have the ability to play an integral role within a broader cross-functional team, to build consensus, connect department and individual expectations to the company vision, and achieve results across a variety of distinct groups
* You have good organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
* You have experience in strategic planning, combined with knowledge of retail sales analysis and interpretation of data to identify opportunities
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of iconic lifestyle brands
* Join a multi brand and multi countries organization to drive you career forward
* International and challenging working culture
* On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
* After one month, you will receive a discount card with 50% on all VF brands
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks