This intermediate level position is responsible for contributing to the development, engineering, and specifications processes of innovative and technologically advanced products that meet the needs of the Company’s customers and end users which assists in Company sales and profits. Assists with the engineering the highest level of innovative and quality products, executing to the product development timeline in conjunction with the timelines of the Company’s business strategies. Works to develop products which meet or exceed predetermined gross margin targets, and communicating the specifications and product details to the Sourcing organization and Suppliers. Works under close direction and handles increasingly complex issues while developing a track record of success in the development processes.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
To learn more about Timberland, and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better, visit one of our stores, www.timberland.com or follow us @timberland.
Let’s talk about the role!
* As part of the Product Creation team at Timberland you will develop apparel, for the designated product category, ensuring alignment with the brand seasonal direction, the global business needs, regional sourcing capabilities and quality standards.
* You will utilize your technical skills, attention to details, and ability to manage complexity, to identify and propose the best solutions to deliver valuable work in a timely manner.
* Interact constantly with category team members in Design and Product management to deliver the appropriate execution for the target consumer audience.
* Own the evolution of product from concept to salesman samples and into bulk production for the designated category.
* Be the pivotal role in the product creation team to turn product concepts into reality and accelerate business growth and relevance.
* Strive to create apparel that meets relevant trends and leverages the brand DNA of Style, Performance and Green where applicable.
* Work in close partnership with Designer and PM on the designated category and drive the review of new styles, proving guidance to deliver cost targets aligned with style details and related construction
* Be accountable to meet style FOB targets, ensuring Timberland quality and fit standards are executed while adopting structured methods and processes to improve workflow
* Integrate the 3D design process with the existing product development and production process
* Ensure samples and production adhere to sustainable standards
* Build efficient interaction with the Fit and Tech specialist to improve level of execution and alignment across product categories
* Translate designs into full specification packages with accurate technical details, bill of materials, construction details, size specs and grade rules
* Proactively offering suggestions for improved construction, aesthetics and manufacturing enhancements
* Support the Development Manager to plan and track development schedule of all assigned products to ensure timely completion
* Develop strong relation with Regional Sourcing teams and work together with vendors to ensure all products meet required standards
* Ensure all key global deadlines are upheld
* Be an engaged and committed team-mate, Be a facilitator in negotiations
How You’ll Make a Difference…
* Bachelor’s Degree in Design (Apparel), Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 2-5 years’ experience in Product Development and/or Technical Services in a medium or large sized apparel company
* Must have a track record in assisting in the product development of designated category, implementing efficient procedures to meet calendar and development goals
* Solid knowledge in garment construction and live model fitting
* Proficient PC skills (MS package, Adobe Illustrator)
* Nice to have: Basic knowledge of sustainable sourcing for Apparel
* Nice to have: Knowledge of 3D programs
* Excellent attention to details
* Aptitude for systems and systematic work
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
* Strong interactive skills
What’s in It for You?
Along with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits program, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, up to eight weeks of paid parental leave, 40 hours of paid community service and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries;
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do;
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.