Working closely with the DTC Buying, DTC Planning and Ecom Merch teams in delivering departmental strategies, identifying risks and opportunities in order to drive market share whilst supporting the brand image and company objectives.
* Responsible together with the eCom Planner and eCom trading team for the execution of departmental strategies and financial plans inline with set targets and objectives.
* Managing and flexing OTB together with eCom Planning to hit the set targets whilst remaining opportunistic and driving the best possible return for the OTB.
* Partner with eCom planning and eCom Merchandisers to analyse In-season departmental performance to drive out sound commercial trading actions for profit maximisation.
* Providing insight on best selling items/categories and slow selling/down-trending categories to maximise sales and reduce inventory liabilities / markdown.
* Partner with Retail buyers in building and maintaining a targeted brand offer, consistent across DTC channels, with a strong focus on anticipating and meeting the needs of the The North Face customer. Support in creating exciting product ranges, considering multiple key attributes for range optimisation and high customer experience for all digital DTC platforms.
* Work on the assortment planning, forecasting, buy execution, phasing and sizing, including exclusive packages for the channel
* Maintain buyplan and have accuracy/consistency in all related documents
* Operates an effective and timely product sign off process, adhere to set deadlines at all times, including timely feed in of commercial information cross functionally and the monitoring of deliveries.
* Keeping up to date with competitor activity and constantly reviewing the product strategy, to understand the marketplace, target customer and key competitors using consumer insights to ensure TNF always remains ahead.
* Collaborate with cross functional partners in the pre-season and in-season business process. These partners include eCommerce/Retail Merchants, Site Experience, Site Marketing, Site Analytics, EMEA Marketing and Creative Services, EMEA Merchandising and Product Teams.
* Demonstrating effective communication across all areas of the business in order to develop and maintain strong working relationships at all levels
* Responsible for arranging and presenting to various audiences for conferences and other key meetings as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
* Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in retail buying
* Previous eCommerce experience in a buying and/or merchandising capacity required
* Experience in Retail Stores environment highly desired
* Experience in Site Merchandising highly desired
* Google Analytics experience helpful
* Knowledge of all product categories is advantageous
* Fluent in English. Other languages will be a plus
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, above all Excel
* Strong business and financial analysis skills as well as retail math knowledge, including elements of mark up, margin, open to buy, GMROI
* Decision Making, Commercial awareness, Planning and Organizing, influencing, negotiation and problem-solving skills
* Collaborative, Contributing to team success, Communication
* Driving for results, open to change, works well under pressure, keen attention to detail