For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”. The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively. At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
The Planning Assistant is responsible to support VANS EMEA DTC Planning & Allocation team in managing financial and seasonal merchandising plans, driving promotional activities and markdowns, monitoring stock level and overall analyzing the business of the VANS EMEA Retail Stores and eComm. Also responsible to manage assigned weekly/monthly merchandise reports and assist and develop various ad hoc analysis as needed.
What will you do?
* Support the team to make the best decisions by developing a thorough knowledge of channel and country performance through data analysis
* Conduct continual regular business analysis
* Manage assigned weekly/monthly merchandise reports, and develop new ones as needed
* In partnership with the Planning Manager and the Sr Planners, assist in the creation of seasonal merchandise plans that drive sales with efficient inventory
* In partnership the Planning Manager and the Sr Planners, learn Open to Buy process for selected departments, classifications and channels
* Plan and forecast key items to the size level to ensure a receipt flow to replenish stores and keep in stock by channel
* Review and evaluate performance of size selling and make recommendations to the Planning & Allocation team
* Build strong collaborative partnerships with the team to meet shared goals
What you need to succeed?
* 1+ years’ experience general experience in retail planning, allocation or buying, or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
* Bachelor’s degree
* Fluent in English. Other languages will be a plus
* Proficiency in all Microsoft office programs, and especially in Excel
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills
* Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
* Multitask attitude and the ability to meet tight deadlines
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand
* Join a multi brand, multi countries organization to drive you career forward
* International, fun yet challenging working culture