For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”. The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively. At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
The Assistant Planner is responsible to support VANS EMEA DTC Planning team in managing financial and seasonal merchandising plans, driving promotional activities and markdowns, monitoring stock level and analyzing the business of the VANS EMEA Ecommerce and Retail Stores.
What will you do?
* In partnership with your manager, you will develop your skill set in creating and managing seasonal merchandise plans that drive sales with efficient inventory
* In partnership with your manager, learn and manage our Open to Buy process for selected departments and classifications
* Manage and update the Quick Turn process of your categories providing Sourcing team with Monthly forecasts
* Monitor our actual regional selling to provide accurate forecasts and optimize our inventory across channels
* Contribute to achieve the inventory days target through the management of the placeholders forecast and the stock optimization between channels
* Provide all the analysis needed to enable Seasonal Buy Plans to be adopted as well as support Buying team with tools to finalize the Buy of the Season
* Manage the Markdown and Promotions process both for Ecommerce and Retail including setting Calendar and aligning the discount policy between channels
* Assist and develop various ad hoc analysis as needed
* Build strong collaborative partnerships with your team and with other teams to meet our shared goals
What you need to succeed?
* Passion for Vans and the lifestyle it represents
* 2+ years’ general experience in retail planning
* Bachelor’s degree
* Fluent in English. Other languages will be a plus
* Proficiency in all Microsoft office programs, and especially in Excel
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills
* Excellent accuracy and attention to details
* Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand
* Join a multi brand, multi countries organization to drive you career forward
* International, fun yet challenging working culture