We are looking for an outstanding Assistant Retail Planner to join our Vans team in Stabio, Switzerland.
For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”. The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively. At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
Let’s talk about the role!
The Assistant Retail Planner is responsible to support VANS EMEA DTC Planning team in managing financial and seasonal merchandising plans, driving promotional activities and markdowns, monitoring stock level and overall analyzing the business of the VANS EMEA Retail Stores and eCommerce. The candidate is also responsible to manage assigned weekly/monthly merchandise reports and assist and develop various ad Hoc analysis as needed.
The Assistant Retail Planner main responsibilities will be:
* In partnership with your Manager and the Senior eCommerce Planner, develop your skill set in creating and maintaining Seasonal Forecasting tools for Apparel and Accessories both for eCommerce and Retail.
* In partnership with the Senior eCommerce Planner, learn and manage Apparel and Accessories categories for the eCommerce Business.
* Manage and update the Quick Turn process of your categories providing Sourcing team with Monthly forecasts.
* Monitor our actual regional selling to provide accurate forecasts and optimize our inventory across channels.
* Contribute to achieve the inventory days target through the management of the placeholders forecast and the stock optimization between channels.
* Provide all the analysis needed to enable Seasonal Buy Plans to be adopted as well as support Buying team with tools to finalize the Buy of the Season.
* Manage the Markdown and Promotions process both for eCommerce and Retail including setting Calendar and aligning the discount policy between channels.
* Assist and develop various ad Hoc analysis as needed.
* Build strong collaborative partnerships with your team and with other teams to meet our shared goals.
What you need to succeed?
* Passion for Vans and the lifestyle it represents.
* 2+ years’ general experience in retail planning or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Bachelor’s degree.
* Fluent in English. Other European languages will be considered as a plus.
* Proficiency in all Microsoft office programs especially in Excel.
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
* Excellent accuracy and attention to details.
* Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills.
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of iconic lifestyle brands
* Join a multi brand and multi countries organization to drive you career forward
* International and challenging working culture
* On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
* After one month, you will receive a discount card with 50% on all VF brands
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!