We’re looking for an outstanding Merchandising Trainee to join our Kipling Buying & Merchandising team in Antwerp, Belgium.
Kipling success story started in ‘87 in the heart of the fashion capital Antwerp with the iconic crinkled nylon bags. Today Kipling’s well-known bags and accessories are available around the world in 436 stores in 80 countries and can be found in more than 7500 shops including the best department-stores, and kipling.com.
We are on a mission, to live a vibrant and colorful life – to go places you never been before. We lighten your step, powering your curiosity, to go your own way. That’s why we inject all our creativity and out-of-the-box thinking into developing thoughtful designs with a casual coolness. Simply put, we design bags that inspire mobility and lighten your life. At Kipling our culture is driven by 4 values.
We are det ermined. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun.
Let’s Talk about the role!
As the Buying & Merchandising team it is our mission to plan, define and execute the EMEA merchandising product strategy for the brand in order to achieve short- and long-term sales & brand growth objectives.
Within the team you will work closely together with our product managers who give input on the EU product needs used as a base for further development of Global Product Merchandising Plans.
You will also work closely together with other departments in the EMEA team such as Sales, Marketing, Consumer Experience, Planning, Finance…
The merchandising trainee will support the buying & merchandising team with data collection and databases maintenance for buying & merchandising purposes.
We expect that our merchandising trainee will deliver unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
* Understand the needs of the target consumers and competitive environment by supporting the merchandising team with ad-hoc reporting (desk and market researches).
* Follow up of product performance thanks to data analysis within the databases and markets.
* Provide the necessary reporting to the product managers in the buying & merchandising team.
* Ensure all database product information is listed accurately and communicated to the appropriate contacts to optimize the merchandising process.
* Maintain product line list files in an accurate way and communicate with the global product team and other internal departments.
* Contribute to the organisation of the seasonal collection presentations by supporting the PowerPoint presentations, samples logistic as well as prototype display
What you need to succeed?
* You have a study background in Economics, Management, Engineering or Fashion Business related studies.
* You are highly organized and have great planning skills
* You have a great eye for detail
* You have excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
* You are curious and open to learn new things
* You are good in time management and able to meet deadlines
* You are a team player and like sharing skills or ideas to ensure the best outcome
* You have an analytical mindset, the ability to assess facts or results and make appropriate business decisions
* You have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and above all are an expert in Excel
What’s in it for you?
Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why as a trainee we offer the following:
* A 1 year paid internship (e.i. beroepsinlevingsstage)
* Fully reimbursed transportation allowance
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!