VF Corporation: Purpose Led. Performance Driven.
We’re looking for an outstanding Merchandise Planner to join our VF Central Digital Trading team based in Berlin, Germany.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
Let’s talk about the role!
As a marketplace trader you will lead all in-season related activities for our emerging VF brands, reporting directly into the Merchandise Planning Manager, you will be responsible for analytics and financial and inventory performance of our Eastpak and Kipling brands on Zalando partner program.
* You own the complete in season management – this includes initial stock allocation, replenishment process, mark-down strategy, performance marketing, OTB alignment with your Finance teams and end-of-season stock clearance.
* You conduct historical performance analysis to better understand business trends for your channel, translate them into actionable insights and share back into your brand’s digital teams.
* You collaborate with central Merchandising & Buying teams in pre-season planning for your account. From setting an MFP, over translating into an assortment plan, to monthly a phasing plan, to SKU line lists, to the right size distributions – all those tasks require your expertise.
* You prepare and host business review meetings with Zalando key stakeholders to ensure close collaboration.
* You take on full ownership of onboarding process managing the complete article lifecycle from bringing the articles online, request reshoots, implementation of price adjustments to ensuring they are taken offline at season-end.
* You optimize way of working by contributing in setting up / sharpening new processes, tools and reports
* Previous experience in Merchandising/Planning within as past-paced fashion retail business, preferably at a multi-brand online retailer or in the eCom teams of a household fashion brand
* Previous experience working in the fashion industry, proven track record of managing a high number of options (1000+)
* Analytical mindset, love to work with numbers, great attention to detail
* Strong organisation skills, can-do attitude, ability to work in sometimes pressurised environment
* Expert in Excel, basic understanding of BI data architecture, advanced user of at least one BI system (preferably IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects or Microstrategy)
* Excellent English skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing benefit and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* Health and wellbeing initiatives
At VF We don’t just make the world’s best apparel and footwear, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet.
So, if you like what you have read and would like to join our team, then we would love to hear from you!