Founded in 1973, Timberland? is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitmentto make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
To learn more about Timberland, and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better, visit one of our stores, www.timberland.com or follow us @timberland.
We are looking for an outstanding Supply Chain Analyst, to join our team in Stabio (Switzerland).
Support the implementation and roll out of an additional distribution center (Bardon UK) and take full responsibility of rerouting/rebalancing POs as needed within the new processes;
Support the inventory management (including inventory roll) across two destination DCs, support the management of purchase orders and work closely with different functions and promptly react if any issues arise.
- Support inventory management by DC (inbound and outbound planning, receipts tracking, liquidation activities), including the definition of new processes needed considering the set up of the additional DC.
- Support monthly inventory roll process by performing multiple analysis related to sales, supply, returns, product class (e.g. distressed inventory), and have the ability to connect the different elements, enabling a clear understanding and explanation of the variance vs previous forecast. Identifying opportunities/risks and ensuring that needed action plans are carried through to mitigate
- Facilitate exchange between different channels responsible for inventory generation
- Support the creation of the full year inventory plan in line with financial objectives, stretch targets and actively contribute to tracking/executing together with relevant departments.
- Participate in the creation of monthly reports for the distribution centres, giving overview of inbound and outbound data split by channel.
- On a monthly basis provide input to US team, regarding calculated Open to Buy, taking into consideration defined inventory targets.
- On a monthly basis, gather, create and comment brand corporate S&OP deck, with inputs coming from multiple departments.
- Gain full understanding and master the provided new tools and activities that reroute and rebalance supply between DCs.
- Work on new reporting in BI for all DCs as needed with a specific focus on managing multi-node DC operations.
- Liaise with the DTC/Planning teams to ensure rerouting and rebalancing activities are aligned with actions and deadlines of the wider team.
- Execute regular rerouting and rebalancing of supply between DCs keeping track of all inventory and service related implications, minimizing costs when possible and highlighting any risks or requirements in a timely manner.
- Support timely reaction to reorder availability needs by DC.
- Execute and control Stock Transfer Orders management, working closely with DC, Planning and DTC to establish the right procedures and controlling activities, in order to identify, solve and/or escalate any potential issue.
- Provide ad hoc support and rebalancing for specific cases deriving from sales requests, marketing collaborations or DTC/Planning requests.
- Work with sourcing team to ensure POs on the system are properly maintained and monitored in our system and that all rerouting activities are correctly executed end to end.
- By working closely with CS, Sales Ops, DTC and Planning, support supply and demand match control by DC in order to drive optimal order coverage and balanced PO phasing.
- Ensure on time availability by DC for key brand launches
- Additional data analysis including customer orderbook coverage analysis, database cross checks, data reconciliation and validation, which will support, control and create maximum efficiency of rerouting and rebalancing activities between DCs.
- Provide regular input on Operations issues, analyze and suggest possible system improvements / enhancements
- Ad hoc analysis & support on both inventory and operational topics.
- Education: University degree or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain & Inventory Management, Economics, Business management engineer or equivalent studies that reflect strong analytical skills
- Experience : Previous supply chain experience is beneficial.
- Language skills: fluent English, verbal and written. Any other European language is an advantage
- Excellence in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to work with large volumes of data from multiple sources.
- Strong analytical skill required to collate and manipulate information in a meaningful way, with attention to details and the ability to interpret and challenge complex data.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Strong work ethic with ability to work in team.
- Flexible in thinking style and in the ability to work within a dynamic working environment where priorities frequently change, whilst meeting key deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize workload and liaise with other departments/teams within the business.
What’s in It for You?
Along with a competitive salary and benefits program, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, 40 hours of paid community service and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after. That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries;
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do;
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you like what you’ve read and want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you!