We’re looking for an outstanding Planner Coordinator to join our team of Smartwool in Stabio!
But first, Do you know Smartwool? Based in Steamboat Springs, CO, SmartWool® is a brand whose products are inspired by living and playing in the mountains. We offer technical apparel for an active-outdoor life. Our products are designed to maximize the benefits of Merino wool and deliver the extraordinary comfort that helps people do what they love, longer.
Let’s talk about the Role!
The primary responsibilities of the Planning Coordinator are to provide leadership and coordinate to Analysts in the execution of purchasing based on forecasts and inventory plans and to collaborate cross-functionally throughout the development and delivery of assigned product categories. Assures coordinated logic, format and methodology in purchasing. Works and communicates with Sourcing, Sales, Dealer Services and global teams to audit and confirm data, develop strategies and solve problems. Works with Forecasting team to manage open-to-buy and inventory plans. Provides data to Director of Business Planning to support strategic business planning as required.
We expect that our Planning Coordinator will deliver unbeatable results whilst also fullfilling the folloowing aspects of the role:
Produce an accurate Sales forecast for future seasons at a style level based on:
* Financial goals, sales history, sales team/dealer input, market trends and inventory position;
* Analyse buys against production requirements (lead times and minimums) in order to achieve maximum sales with minimal inventory exposure;
* Place SKU buys to US in accordance with global deadlines and market needs;
* Coordinate shared information;
* Manage Purchase Orders from creation to receipt;
* Manage product acquisition from vendors; Monitor vendor performance;
* Monitor sales orders coverage and relationship with Customer Service and Sales;
* Manage inventory through publication of inventory roll, tracking of inventory performance, identifying and executing agreed plans;
* Other responsibilities as required and directed by Supply Chain management
How you’ll make a difference:
A . Forecasting / Planning
* Produce, update and publish budget in line with Sales/Financial target to be used for producing an accurate sales forecast
* Calculate and plan SKU buys based on forecast, current inventory levels, open purchase orders and production constraints (ie minimums, lead time), in order to achieve:
– maximum possible level of on time deliveries to the market
– minimum possible level of inventory risk
– minimum possible level of shortages on preseason.
– maximum possible level of reorder service on core styles in accordance to reorder target.
* Coordinate global deadlines with US group
* Place SKU buys to the US planning group and check them in order to assure correctness of any production constraint analysis as well as to assure data is transferred correctly;
* Drive the seasonal consensus meetings with Sales executives to assure highest forecast accuracy in line with main blind purchases
* Coordinate Planning activities with other departments in order to have a correct flow of information needed for Forecasting, Planning and Product Acquisition activities.
* Analyze shortage and excess inventory positions to order to guarantee maximum efficiency.
* Liaises regularly with sourcing to address topics such as minimums, lead times, buy plans, production challenges to ensure EU needs are correctly reflected and satisfied within the global planning process
* Liaises with Sales regarding sales trends, product offer and lifecycle
* Provide correct item status and last purchase season of goods in JBA
* Prepare analysis on Styles/Style-colours/SKU’s vs. sales orders to maximize line list efficiency with maximum accuracy and within agreed deadlines
* Chair Brand S&OP meetings and assure timely execution and coordination
B . Product Acquisition and Inventory
* Analyze lead time and minimums for upcoming seasons and negotiate with PA any long lead times or high minimums
* Assist with general delivery problems and assure necessary offices are informed
* Manage vendors delays and work with Sourcing, Logistics and DC to minimize impact on sales orders
* Analyze POs arrival dates compared to sales order requested delivery dates to assure on time coverage. Request production accelerations or air shipment where necessary. Advise Sales and Customer Service of any significant delays.
* Make sure system is constantly updated in order to reflect correct status of Purchase Orders
* Manage quality issues, in collaboration with Sourcing and Quality Department. Put stock on hold when necessary.
* Produce most accurate inventory roll based on financial targets, identifying opportunities/risks and assuring that needed action plans are carried through to mitigate risks. Monitor distressed inventory levels, assuring all action plans have been properly evaluated to assure levels remain balanced.
C . Reporting and Analysis
* Interpret production and sales order data from database
* Conduct qualitative & quantitative analysis to highlight trends, opportunities and performance
* Produce sales analysis and budget reports for Sales and Executives
* Order coverage and inventory analysis
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
* Education: University Degree in industrial engineering or equivalent
* Experience: At least five years of experience in Forecasting and Planning activity
* Language skills: Excellent communication skills in English
* Technical skills: strong Excel and Access skills; experience in a Microsoft Windows environment; high level of analytical and organisational skills;
* Other skills: Leadership skills; strong ability to work independently and achieve deadlines; ability to work with large volumes of data and comment efficiently; Flexible – in thinking style and in the ability to work within a dynamic working environment where priorities frequently change, whilst meeting key deadlines
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you! We expect that your cv and cover letter will be written in English, since this is our common language.