We are looking for an amazing Global Product Manager Heritage Apparel for Timberland in our HQ in Stabio (CH).
Timberland: Driven to Make it Better
Timberland is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of premium footwear, apparel and accessories for the outdoor lifestyle. Best known for its original yellow boot introduced in 1973, the brand today outfits consumers with versatile collections that reflect the brand’s rich heritage and inspire them to choose adventure around every corner of the world.
At Timberland, we strive to be Earthkeepers in everything we do. We work hard to make our products responsibly, protect the outdoors and serve the communities around the globe where we live, work and explore.
For decades, we have been guided by a higher Purpose:
to inspire and equip the world to step outside, work together and make it better.
Timberland is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
Let’s talk about the role!
The Global Product Manager Heritage Apparel is responsible for managing and developing a complete product line for the successful sales and marketing of products.
He/she will coordinate the flow of information and prioritize, segment, and process as necessary to convey information to consumers.
This entry level position will work with the assigned category team to determine new product and consumer needs, price points, and strategic developments. He/she will also be performing competitor analysis.
As part of the Product Creation team at Timberland, our Global Product Manager Heritage Apparel will be responsible for the following activities:
* manage the process, the calendar and the tools related to product line execution
* Ensure cross functional understanding of commercial and product needs, as well as key competitors and consumer profile
* Work closely with the Global Merch to fulfil market needs and briefs expectations
* Be the connector between Design and Development conceptualization and the brand’s commercial goals
* Set seasonal style-count and line productivity, based on regional needs encouraging creativity within the team
* Provide rules of engagements for late-addition programmers
* Monitor product execution and direct changes based on Merch vision and briefs
* Drive the approval process to enhance collaboration and cross-functional input
* Maintain Enovia systems up to date and Global Merch informed on progress and evolution from concept to bulk
* Provide input in key calendar meetings to facilitate decision making
* Keep constant tracking of line KPIs and perform hindsight analysis to inform future strategy, monitor productivity and seasonal adoption
* Enable smooth communication within Product Creation team as well as externally to key Regional stakeholders
* Collaborate in creating visual tools for line download
* Have a 360 view on the business strategy and evolution, from brief and commercial needs to Design intent and Operational practicality
* Be an engaged and committed team-mate, Be a facilitator in negotiations
How you’ll make a difference…
The qualifications you need to have:
* Education: Bachelor’s degree or (equivalent)
* Experience: 3+ years Merchandising, Buying, Sales, Product Management in globally present brand organizations
* Languages: Fluent English essential, additional language is a plus
The skills we expect you to have:
* Strong in MS package; proficiency with Product Data Management systems
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Great communicator and skilled at influencing areas outside of direct control
* Strong business acumen in channel distribution, net sales, margin, profit and inventory
* Solid knowledge of process and product development timelines
The competencies we are looking for:
* Team Player
* Planning and Organizing
* Customer Focus
* Building Partnership
* Contributing to team success
* Driving for Results
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks and fruit
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you! We expect that your cv and cover letter will be written in English, since this is our commonly used language.