Founded in 1973, Timberland� is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commit
ment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
We are looking for a Demand Planner Footwear based in our office in Stabio, Switzerland. Responsible for seasonal demand plan creation for Footwear product category based on Merchandising and Sales force input, financial target, historical data, market trend, to maximize sales and reduce inventory. Works with Merchandising on the selection of the product line (SKU count, product flow) and with Country Sales Planners to maximize forecast accuracy.
Our Guiding Principles:
Live with Integrity – Be authentic and do the right thing, always | Act Courageously –Think and act boldly | Be Curious – Explore the world, learn and evolve | Act with Empathy – Seek to understand and respect others | Persevere – Persist and work together as One VF.
- Forecast Plan development: Analyze information regarding Financial Target, Budget, Historical data, Current Orderbook information, sales/market input to develop the most accurate monthly forecast at Sku/channel level in order to support demand-supply balance.
- Ensure Product Availability: Drive seasonal demand phasing by month at the right time within the quarterly inventory target (OTB) minimizing excess & shortages for Women & Kids.
- Support the Key Seasonal Programs on time delivery through a proactive data collection from Merchandising Team and continuous forecast monitoring (especially for EDH – European Design Hub – products).
- Business Trend Analysis Sharing: Conduct qualitative & quantitative analysis to highlight trends, opportunities and performance relative to respective product line to be shared with the Sales & Merchandising team on monthly basis.
- Collaboration with Purchasing team, working closely with them about the creation of monthly buys providing input/insight on sales strategy, key family, forecast variations, etc.
- Collaborate with Global Supply/Forecasting team to meet the global Season cycle deadlines and processes
- KPIs monthly monitoring: Optimize forecast SWING, forecast accuracy, line efficiency, product flow with a focus towards continuous improvement, minimize Inventory Excess & shortages.
- Key accounts focus: support business leaders, consolidating supply & demand info and creating ad-hoc analysis
- 1-2 years of experience in Planning/Forecasting role will be preferred
- Degree in Management Engineering, Economics or similar
- Computer literate, proficiency in excel is a must
- Understanding of forecasting/demand planning as well as reporting tools is an asset
- Ability to work with a consistent amount of data in a meaningful manner (focus on details)
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Fluent English both oral and written.
What’s in It for You?
Along with a competitive salary and benefits program, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, 40 hours of paid community service and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after. That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries;
A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do;
Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you like what you’ve read and want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you!
TO LEARN MORE:
Visit vfc.com, timberland.com or follow us on LinkedIn