As Regional Director Sales & Retail you are responsible for developing the Field Sales, Retail and Concession business across EMEA to project growth and long-range plans in line with the Brand Goals.
This role sets the vision, direction and leads execution in all the above mentioned account base. Responsible for aligning people and resources across an Omni-channel landscape and exploiting synergies.
This to achieve maximum results without compromising the Brand’s mission and vision. You have full P&L responsibility for all accounts and agencies and is accountable for inspiring, leading and driving these teams to drive sales and execute against goals resulting in a seamless brand experience across the different channels.
Strategy & tactics
* Align with the Brand Vision to develop and communicate a multi-year vision and growth strategy for all involved channels and accounts.
* Set and communicate a vision for the customer experience, breadth of services and standards that provides a competitive advantage for the Brand and delivers a high service quality and connection to customers.
* Strong partnership with the senior team across all disciplines, influence the development of all aspects including product assortment, allocation, design and layout of stores/online, visual look, marketing/promotions.
* Provide perspective on market, store and product opportunities that will further accelerate the growth.
* Maintain awareness of market trends and monitoring the competition.
* Develop and communicate a compelling and inspired retailing vision that will drive teams to deliver their best to meet and exceed business objectives and goals.
* Monitor overall profitability of the agencies to grow within budgeted cost parameters.
* Cooperate with other VF brands to ensure that all synergies and opportunities for VF are maximised
* Build high level relationships in each key account and leverage the appropriate level of contact with VF and Kipling senior management.
Business & Financials
* Accountable for leading, developing and driving plans, actions and decisions that deliver sales growth and grows margin and profit for the brand.
* Lead team to evolve productivity through accelerating top line growth, improving gross margins, managing expenses and building efficiencies in central support costs
* Build and foster effective and healthy relationships with direct reports and business partners that results in confidence, morale and spirit within the team.
* Role model people leadership and development via consistent and productive coaching; provide guidance and development to direct reports on business goals and development plans.
* Partner with HR to ensure all talent and people goals are achieved and that actionable succession plans for business continuity and long-term career growth are in place
* University degree in Business Management desired
* Must have a minimum of 8-10 years in apparel /accessories or other consumer goods multi-site retail operations experience – preferable have experience with and understanding of lifestyle consumers
* Proven track in people management: effective in building support, drive performance, create a culture of trust and strong communicator
* Language skills: written/verbal fluent in English. French, Italian and/or Spanish a plus
* The most important competency is leading and inspiring a strong consumer centric, results driven retail/wholesale team and driving this thinking throughout the organisation
* Key pillars are driving execution in all touchpoints, strong operational Decision Making skills and able to build strong Strategic Work Relationships within the brand as well as with external parties.
* Curious to look for innovation to drive future success