Get to know Eastpak
At Eastpak, we’re Built to Resist whatever life throws at us, as we express ourselves as individuals and inspire positive resistance. We support teams and individuals that stand up for what’s right and speak out about inclusion and diversity.
We started off our journey half a century ago as Eastern Canvas Products Inc., making bags and gear for the U.S. Army. Fast forward to today, we’ve refined our classic bag and luggage designs and continue to innovate our iconic styles. We’re known for our collaborations, as we are constantly unlocking new ideas with some of world’s leading brands and creatives. Our cities are an endless source of inspiration and they thrive in a world that we need to protect. We design durable bags that stand the test of time and never go out of style, as we foster a more sustainable way of living.
Our Built to Resist values of Empowerment, Responsibility, Creativity, Collaboration and Positive Resistance define our Eastpak culture.
Eastpak is Built to Resist, are you?
Let’s talk about your role!
The merchandising trainee will support the merchandising team with data collection and databases maintenance for in-line projects as well as SMUs and collaborations.
We expect that our Merchandising Trainee will deliver unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
* Maintain both inline and SMU line list files in an accurate way and collaborate with MDO team and planning department, in order to make sure all the info are always updated;
* Frequent creation of new SMU – sku code creation and request submission towards MDO system;
* Understand the needs of the target consumers and competitive environment by supporting the merchandising team with ad-hoc reporting (desk and market researches);
* Create price analysis and line-up on main competitors, for different markets (strong usage of Edited);
* Weekly follow up on Ecommerce sell-out;
* Weekly follow up on competitors’ websites, reporting best seller products, new collections/styles and discounts trends;
* Ad hoc analysis using Excel (prebook reports, sell-in charts, graphs etc.);
* Provide the necessary reporting to the merchandising team (new products info, price researches, consumer needs/trends etc);
* Contribute to the organisation of the seasonal collection presentations by supporting the PowerPoint presentations, samples logistic as well as prototype display;
* Follow up with VF Asia of Swatchbooks creation for the new season, in support to the sales tools.
What you need to succeed?
* You have a study background in Economics, Management, Engineering or Fashion Business related studies
* You are highly organized and have great planning skills
* You have good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
* You are curious and open to learn new things
* You are excited about product and would like to proceed in a career in fashion
* You have an analytical mindset
* You are an expert in Excel
What’s in it for you?
We offer a flexible, casual work setting. It’s not just our products which set us apart from others, our people first approach is what drives us, this is why we offer:
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. We are committed to helping you grow and drive you career forward
* An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
* On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
* A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
* Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!
Apply, visit vfc.com, Eastpak.com or follow us on our LinkedIn and Instagram pages, see you there!