For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”. The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively. At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
What will you do?
The world of retail is transforming at a rapid pace and consumer expectations, interests and behaviors are constantly changing. We are looking at our direct to consumers experience strategies differently, moving away from the tradition to embrace innovation. Digital transformation in Retail is beginning to emerge here at VANS and as the Retail Marketing Manager, you will be an instrumental part of this ever-evolving omni-channel retail world and how we go to market.
You will be responsible for driving and executing the brand’s vision for in-store marketing strategy to create and communicate reasons for consumers to visit stores with goals to drive traffic, achieve consumers acquisition, retention, and revenue. This position requires someone who prioritizes the consumers and understands the role stores can play in the consumer journey. You are proactively taking action to respond to the change and be accountable for delivering consistent high-quality output and effectively breaks down complicated information into logical points, clearly conveys messages while challenges the status quo and adopts creative ideas to create better business outcomes and consumer experiences.
Your main accountabilities will be:
* Lead the development of retail experience projects to achieve defined brand objectives
* Manage in-store activation projects through collaboration with digital marketing, brand communications and Vans Family
* Manage retail marketing strategic execution plans with pre, during and post consumers experience that support seasonal, ongoing marketing and promotional campaign
* Collaborate with Marketing Teams to communicate in-store initiatives across all marketing channels in order to acquire new consumers and drive repeat visits from existing consumers.
* Partner with all marketing function leads to establish clear cross-channel customer journeys, connecting consumers from online to offline and vice versa
* Establish both financial and non-financial metrics KPIs for initiated projects, track and deliver to these ongoing
* Track implementation status, ROI and discuss findings with related function to constantly evaluates the consumer mindset to maximize engagements
* Utilize data and competitive intelligence to ensure correct strategies are in place to deliver maximum return non marketing investment
* Create engaging, memorable and interactive experiences that appeal to all 5 senses and align to the Vans ethos
What you need to succeed?
* Passion for Vans and the lifestyle it represents
* 4+ years of professional journey focused on customers experience, brand and/or trade marketing experience is a plus
* Strong concept and knowledge in Omni-channel and phygital Marketing
* Strong analytical skills of consumer behavior
* Experience in managing a budget and delivering a program of initiatives within the budget
* Passion in community and purpose led initiatives, consumer centric mindset
* Knowledge of macro and micro trends influencing Retail and inspiring youth culture today
* Deep passion for understanding youth culture; music, art, action sports, street culture and fashion
* Strong communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
* Capacity to build strong working relationships
* Fluent in English both written and spoken, other languages are beneficial
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand
* Join a multi brand, multi countries organization to drive you career forward
* International, fun yet challenging working culture