For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”. The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively. At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
As a member of the EMEA product team, you will be responsible for taking product from design concept to salesman samples and into bulk production for assigned styles. The Junior Product Developer will be accountable for monitoring the Master Development Calendar, meeting all major deadlines throughout the development process of the owned categories (Active categories and socks), keeping the development system updated, maintaining and archiving all records related to development, sample reviews, create development tools and support the Regional Product Creation team in preparing analysis and presentations. Work closely with Merchandising, Design, Planning and Sourcing teams.
What will you do?
* Accountable for the timely adherence of calendar dates as defined by the Master Development Calendar. Provides team with input for the establishment of the timelines
* Responsible for the creation of the development grids, record keeping of all the aspects of product development: from fits approval to strike-off approval to costs
* Work with vendors and regional sourcing colleagues to ensure all products meet required Vans quality standards in all areas
* Ensure alignment between Vans Global and Vans EMEA collections
* Keeps internal team updated on the status throughout the development process
* Coordinate development samples and communicate any eventual changes or delays
* Manage the archive of lap-dips , but also make sure all the fabrics and tracking files are diligently filled and marked with the most updated prices
* Assure measurements of samples are correct and approved for production
* Run fit sessions on the protos and support fit sessions for production with the Technical Design team
* Update constantly all the different development tools and adjust the information to EMEA development needs (TP, BOM, artworks, trim codes)
* Maintains accurate Product Development records, Fabric details, Trim records, and costing sheets
What you need to succeed?
* University Degree in Apparel Design, Product Development, Manufacturing or equivalent work experience
* Passion for Vans and the lifestyle it represents
* 2+ years of related professional experience
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in spoken and written English
* Strong analytical skills; ability to evaluate percentages, margins, tables, ability to analyse and report data
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, PLM Systems, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
* Ability to successfully adjust to rapid change and flexibility
* Excellent written, visual, and oral communication skills
* Must be able to manage multiple development projects, across several categories, within the set timeline and meeting the standards
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand
* Join a multi brand, multi countries organization to drive you career forward
* International, fun yet challenging working culture