We’re looking for an outstanding Supply Chain Trainee to join our Timberland team in Stabio.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
We believe that our associates have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organisation and provide the freedom to try out innovative solutions, drive change and ensure progress never stops.
Let’s talk about the role!
As a Supply Chain Trainee your input will be key, being responsible for the provision of data and analysis to the business in order to allow the effective management of Inventory levels, with a focus on the inbound.
We expect that our Supply Chain Trainee will support the Operations Supervisor in the following tasks:
* Monitor inbound flow, highlighting risks and opportunities related to supply anticipation/delays impacting owned inventory and demand, working closely with sourcing and logistics departments to manage the timing and priority of inbound shipments around critical periods
* Check and ensure data consistency and integrity between OPS inputs and system/reporting, highlighting and working with support team to fix issues
* Support the direct shipment model, monitoring the status from purchase orders placed to vendors till invoicing to distributors, by cooperation daily with supply planning and customer service
* Provide analysis of stock actuals versus forecast, calling out key drivers of variance vs expectation
* Support the monthly S&OP cycle by preparing supply chain KPIs
* Provide the sales teams with Inventory availability to support distressed deals and prepare quarter end jobber deals
* Contribute to seasonal setting (products set up and maintenance all categories)
* Support creation of department analysis and reports
* Support /Contribute to Final POs creation and phasing
* Ad hoc analysis as necessary
How you’ll make a difference…
* You have a Bachelor/Master’s degree in economics, business, management engineer or equivalent study
* You have preferably one year of working experience in an analytical role (not mandatory)
* You have good knowledge of information systems and an ability to work with high volume data
* A high proficiency in excel is a must, knowledge of VBA macros is a plus
* You are analytical with the ability to interpret and challenge complex data
* You are able to collate and manipulate information in a meaningful manner with attention to details
* You are a collaborative person, predisposed to personal relationships and team working, with good communicational skills
* You are flexible, in thinking style and in the ability to work within a dynamic working environment where priorities frequently change, whilst meeting key deadlines
* You are committed to work by objectives
* You are able to priorities workload, also ability to liaise with other departments within the business, planning, DC, finance, DTC, CS
* You are fluent in English both oral and written is mandatory
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* 6 months paid internship with possibility to extension of another 6 months
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
* After one month, you will receive a discount card with 50% on all VF brands
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Timberland: Driven to Make it Better
Timberland is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of premium footwear, apparel and accessories for the outdoor lifestyle. Best known for its original yellow boot introduced in 1973, the brand today outfits consumers with versatile collections that reflect the brand’s rich heritage and inspire them to choose adventure around every corner of the world.
At Timberland, we strive to be Earthkeepers in everything we do. We work hard to make our products responsibly, protect the outdoors and serve the communities around the globe where we live, work and explore. For decades, we have been guided by a higher Purpose: to inspire and equip the world to step outside, work together and make it better.
Timberland is a fully-owned subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you! We expect that your cv and cover letter will be written in English, since our common language is English.