We are looking for an outstanding Product Developer for The North Face Apparel SMU Team. You will develop apparel for the seasonal SMU ranges across categories. Ensuring alignment with the brand seasonal direction and business needs, regional sourcing capabilities and quality standards.
You will utilize your skills to ensure the product is developed from design concept to final sample, reviewing fits, updating technical packs and BOM. Manage complexity, to identify and propose the best solutions to deliver valuable work in a timely manner.
Strive to create apparel that meets relevant trends and leverages the brand DNA of style, performance, quality and sustainability where applicable.
What you will do:
* Work in close partnership with the cross functional team to build and commercialize apparel product across categories.
* Drive newness through the line as well as aligning with the brands product expectations on quality, fit, cost targets and sustainability.
* Focus on value engineering, and on-time, accurate, quality development, working in conjunction with design and merchandise.
* Be accountable to meet style FOB and margin targets and seasonal deadlines.
* Translate designs into full specification packages with accurate technical details, bill of materials, construction details, size specs and grade rules.
* Proactively offering suggestions for improved construction, aesthetics and manufacturing enhancements, ability to fit and problem solve.
* Support the Senior Development Manager to plan and track development schedule of all assigned products to ensure timely completion
* Ensure that all product is development inline with all relevant testing standards
* Develop strong working relationships with the Regional Sourcing teams and work together with vendors to ensure all products meet required standards as well as seasonal deadlines.
* A proactive, self-starter with strong communication skills
What you need to succeed:
* Bachelor’s Degree in apparel fashion, development or manufacturing
* At least 3 years of experience in Apparel Product Development, ideally in a medium or large sized apparel company
* Must have a track record in apparel product development, sportswear background a plus but not essential.
* Strong team player with a proven ability to work effectively cross functionally
* Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions to meet commercial objectives
* A keen interest in innovation and a passion for product
* Excellent technical knowledge of garment fit, construction and quality with a strong attention to detail
* Experience live model fitting and ability to communicate fit / pattern changes
* Ability to work under pressure and to navigate change with open mindedness and flexibility
* Strong problem-solving skills and solution focused mindset
* Fluent English is required, both written and verbal
* Proficient PC skills (MS package, Adobe Illustrator)
* Excellent attention to details, aptitude for systems and systematic work
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written), strong interactive skills