ASPOM is looking for Patagonia in Annecy: A Technical Representative M/F.
Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the
environmental crisis. Your role will contribute to this by supporting territory sales and assisting in implementing the Company sales, marketing, and distribution objectives.
Organization and Planning
o Work closely with the Sales Representative and Regional Sales Manager on seasonal account plans,
initiatives and events/tradeshow/meeting participation.
o Become ‘expertly’ versed in all aspects of the Patagonia product offering (technologies, environmentally
responsible attributes, and marketing) and relay that information to wholesale dealer’s front line staff via
clinics and store visits.
o Within store visits, plan time to cover applicable business issues, support programs, ASAP sales and
promotional product sales.
o Coordinate with the Sales Representative / Regional Manager to determine and use all the resources
applicable to support the dealer.
o Present the product line to dealers on an as-needed basis.
o Work with Sales Representative and Regional Sales Manager to support sales goals for the territory.
o Engage in ASAP and discontinued merchandise/special make-up sales pushes as required.
o Use Employee Purchase Program as needed to meet sales goals and support the dealers’ business; market
and educate dealer employees about the program.
o Assist in identifying prospective dealers which meet territory distribution needs and company marketing
o Bring special support to key national accounts (Training, Sale tracking & follow up)
o Develop and maintain a clinic plan for the territory. Clinic accounts, including national accounts and
company Retail stores, on a regular basis (2x per year minimum) in order to train employees in technical
aspects of the Company’s products.
o Utilize resources and information from the Company’s Visual Merchandising Group and Regional Sales
Manager to work on in-store merchandising plans and improvement.
o Work on promoting environmental programs and promotions with dealers.
o Work with Sales Representative and Regional Sales Manager on an as needed basis to help support other
dealer events and programs within the Company’s wholesale distribution network.
o Write monthly reports for Sales Representative and Regional Sales Manager to communicate dealer issues,
sales, competitive information, and product information to the Company.
o Communicate regularly by phone and email with Sales Representative and Regional Sales Manager to
provide information on specific issues, sales, product information, and general economic and business
o Return calls from dealers and Company colleagues within 24 hours and dealer inquiries within 48 hours.
Please note that the Technical Representative is expected to grow into Sales Representative in a short period
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• 2/3 years’ experience in Sales
• Fluency in English, other languages a plus.
• Fundamental understanding of the outdoor retail industry.
• Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, internet) and general skills to learn new systems.
• Ability to remain proficient with use of Company’s Intranet, RepNet, DealerNet, Centerstone, and
COGNOS to analyze account business and territory sales.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be highly organized, flexible, self-motivated, and energetic.
• Ability and willingness to work long hours and weekends during key sales periods.
• Ambition to become Sales Representative in the near future.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
4. Key relationships:
• Sales Representative
• Regional Manager
• Dealer Service
5. Area of Responsibility
• Annecy, France.
• Travel: 50-70% – must be open to using all various modes of transport that the company offers to travel;
in terms of efficiency, sustainability and costs e.g. by plane, by car, by taxi, by train etc.
It is expected that you will:
1. Carry out these accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to the
organisation of Patagonia.
2. Work together with all your key internal and external stakeholders within and outside of the organisation.
3. Exemplify Patagonia’s Core Purpose & Values in practice.
Patagonia is committed to equal employment opportunities and diversity
Thanks to send your resume and your application letter to Carole DIGER ASPOM exclusively, applying on this page.