Purpose of Role
The Supply Chain Trainee is responsible for the provision of data and analysis to the business in order to allow the effective management of Inventory levels and support key corporate reporting such as the inventory roll forecast.
Responsible for the timely co-ordination and preparation of the monthly S&OP deck.
The role is based in Stabio as part of the Timberland Operations Organisation.
Wholesale and DTC Operations, Demand Planning, Sales Analysis, Brand Finance, Corporate Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, DC Inventory Management, Order Management, Customer service.
The trainee will support the Senior Supply Chain and S&OP analyst in the following tasks:
- Prepare the Inventory Roll on a monthly basis, ensuring the timely and accurate receipt of all necessary inputs from across the organization in order to secure corporate reporting deadlines. Prepare projected inventory calculation for the Brand across all distribution channels taking account of Opening Stock / Receipts / Sales / Returns
- Provide analysis of the actual monthly inventory result, referencing last year / Forecast and call out key drivers of variance vs expectation
- Report inventory metrics accurately and to the required deadlines including the following:
- Absolute levels for Retail / Wholesale total vs last year / Plan / Prior forecast
- Calculate rate of Inventory days for Retail and Wholesale
- Levels of stock over forecast
- Report against Inventory health (in line vs. old collection’s items)
- Quality of Inventory (1st Quality vs defective)
- Support the management of the Inventory results vs targets / forecast by working with the Logistics team to manage the timing and priority of inbound shipments around quarter ends / critical target periods
- Provide the sales teams with Inventory availability to support distressed deals and prepare quarter end jobber deals, including margins analysis
- Manage stock transfer and stock adjustments requests, monitoring results versus outlet bulking commitment and provide information to the business to support root cause analysis and drive improved inventory metrics
- Support the monthly S&OP cycle:
- Co-ordinate inputs from key stakeholders
- Prepare supply chain KPIs
- Ensure decks are created in line with brand/corporate deadlines
- Follow up on further S&OP development
- Ad hoc analysis as necessary.
Bachelor/Master degree in economics, business, management engineer or equivalent study.
Preferably with one year working experience in an analytical role (not mandatory).
Good knowledge of information systems (strong excel and power point skills) and ability to work with high volume data. High proficiency in excel as a must, knowledge of VBA macros is a plus.
Analytical with the ability to interpret and challenge complex data
Ability to demonstrate a commercial outlook.
Ability to collate and manipulate information in a meaningful manner with attention to details.
Collaborative person, predisposed to personal relationships and team working, with strong communicational skills.
Flexible, in thinking style and in the ability to work within a dynamic working environment where priorities frequently change, whilst meeting key deadlines. Committed to work by objectives.
Able to prioritise workload, also ability to liaise with other departments within the business, planning, DC, finance, DTC, sales team.
Fluent English both oral and written is mandatory.