We’re looking for an outstanding Senior Pricing & Costing Analyst to join our Timberland team in Stabio.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
We believe that our associates have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organisation and provide the freedom to try out innovative solutions, drive change and ensure progress never stops.
Let’s talk about the role!
As a Senior Pricing & Costing Analyst your input will be key, being the analytical lead of EMEA Sales margin management. You will be supporting the Manager of Pricing & Costing with comprehensive analysis and reporting to guide the leadership team on decision making and direction in pricing and margin management.
You will help establish and implement a robust process for effective margin management across Wholesale, Distributor and Retail businesses.
We expect that our Senior Pricing & Costing Analyst will deliver unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
* Develops tools and processes, keeps them updated and ready to draw margin scenarios and simulations at relevant steps and details, to ensure all stakeholders have a clear understanding of revenue and margin at key Go To Market as well as Product Development milestones.
* Supports the Central Pricing & Costing Team in the management of standard costs and sales prices following policies, assuring the expected profitability and responding to all market requirements.
* Helps building robust target-setting and tracking, as well as reporting tools to drive productive and effective discussions with Merchandisers/Product Managers.
* Prioritizes Pricing & Costing activities through simultaneous deadlines, to ensure required duties are accomplished while supporting the needs of the brand management.
* Attends the Seasonal Brand Meetings to engage and support pricing discussions.
* Responsible for the construction and distribution of the official pricelist to sales force.
* Creates ad-hoc analysis models, as required.
* Works with Merchandisers and Sales teams on SMU process.
* Attends GTM at relevant steps to support Manager and teams with analytical guidance.
* Supports Sales & Ops in the seasonal definition of Promotional Programs, providing financial guideline and monitoring.
* Any other duties as assigned to the jobholder within the jobholder’s capabilities.
The role has a pivotal relevance within the organization, and requires to be engaged at least with the following parties:
* Manager of Pricing & Costing.
* Global Pricing & Costing Team
* Finance teams: Business/Retail analysis.
* Supply chain, Demand Planning & Operations.
* Product Merchandisers.
* Sales/Retail Teams (and Sales Ops Analysts).
How you’ll make a difference…
* You have a relevant university degree (math, statistics, business engineering).
* You have 3 to 5 years of experience within analytical functions (Pricing, Controlling or Finance department are preferred).
* You have a good working understanding of systems and use of databases to support high level analytics.
* You are a Self-starter.
* You have a good working knowledge of MS Office and SAP platform. Particularly high level Excel skills are required (Macro, SQL are considered as a plus).
* You have excellent analytical and communication skills.
* You are a Team player and people oriented to manage workload, embracing the dynamics and challenges of a global matrix structured organization.
* You have demonstrable time management and prioritization skills through previous experience, for the management of multiple activities with simultaneous deadlines.
* You have resilience under deadline pressure.
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Timberland: Driven to Make it Better
Timberland is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of premium footwear, apparel and accessories for the outdoor lifestyle. Best known for its original yellow boot introduced in 1973, the brand today outfits consumers with versatile collections that reflect the brand’s rich heritage and inspire them to choose adventure around every corner of the world.
At Timberland, we strive to be Earthkeepers in everything we do. We work hard to make our products responsibly, protect the outdoors and serve the communities around the globe where we live, work and explore. For decades, we have been guided by a higher Purpose: to inspire and equip the world to step outside, work together and make it better.
Timberland is a fully-owned subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!