We’re looking for an outstanding Demand Planner Trainee for Timberland Footwear to join our team in Stabio.
Timberland: Driven to Make it Better
Timberland is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of premium footwear, apparel and accessories for the outdoor lifestyle. Best known for its original yellow boot introduced in 1973, the brand today outfits consumers with versatile collections that reflect the brand’s rich heritage and inspire them to choose adventure around every corner of the world.
At Timberland, we strive to be Earthkeepers in everything we do. We work hard to make our products responsibly, protect the outdoors and serve the communities around the globe where we live, work and explore. For decades, we have been guided by a higher Purpose: to inspire and equip the world to step outside, work together and make it better.
Timberland is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
Let’s talk about the role!
The Demand Planner Trainee will be responsible for the seasonal demand plan creation for Footwear product category based on Merchandising and Sales force input, financial target, historical data, market trend, to maximize sales and reduce inventory. She/he will work with Merchandising on the selection of the product line (SKU count, product flow) and with Country Sales Planners to maximize forecast accuracy.
We expect that our Demand Planner Trainee will deliver unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
* Forecast Plan development: Analyse information regarding Financial Target, Budget, Historical data, Current Order Book information, sales/market input to develop the most accurate monthly forecast at Sku/channel level in order to support demand-supply balance.
* Ensure Product Availability: Drive seasonal demand phasing by month at the right time within the quarterly inventory target (OTB) minimizing excess & shortages for Women & Kids.
* Support the Key Seasonal Programs on time delivery through a proactive data collection from Merchandising Team and continuous forecast monitoring (especially for EDH – European Design Hub – products).
* Business Trend Analysis Sharing: Conduct qualitative & quantitative analysis to highlight trends, opportunities and performance relative to respective product line to be shared with the Sales & Merchandising team on monthly basis.
* Collaboration with Purchasing team, working closely with them about the creation of monthly buys providing input/insight on sales strategy, key family, forecast variations, etc.
* Collaborate with Global Supply/Forecasting team to meet the global Season cycle deadlines and processes
* KPIs monthly monitoring: Optimize forecast SWING, forecast accuracy, line efficiency, product flow with a focus towards continuous improvement, minimize Inventory Excess & shortages.
* Ad hoc analysis and reporting development as required
How you’ll make a difference…
* You are computer literate
* Proficiency in excel is a must
* Having an understanding of forecasting/demand planning as well as reporting tools is an asset
* You are able to work with a consistent amount of data in a meaningful manner
* You are very detail oriented
* You are able to prioritize your workload
* You are fluent in English, both oral and written
What’s in it for you?
It’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why we offer the following package for our trainees:
* 6 months internship with possibility to extension of another 6 months
* A gross salary of CHF 1600 per month
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
* After one month, you will receive a discount card with 50% on all VF brands
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks and fruit
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to receive your cv and cover letter in English.