As part of the Product Creation team at TNF, lead the EMEA apparel development organization ensuring alignment with the brand seasonal direction, the global brand direction, regional sourcing capabilities and quality standards.
This role sets direction at a strategic level as well as the tactical execution of the product creation calendar to reliably develop product to design intent, quality, margin and timeline expectations; collaborating across department leaders with a multi-season time horizon perspective.
Provides leadership and inspiration across the creation team while coaching and guiding team-members in order to achieve department and brand results.
Be the pivotal role in the product creation team to turn product concepts into reality and accelerate business growth and relevance.
Strive to create apparel that meets relevant trends and leverages the brand DNA of Style, Performance and Sustainability where applicable.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Ensure the team is compliant to the seasonal timeline milestones, recommends and shares changes in calendar as needed
* Work in close partnership with Global VP Apparel, EMEA Design Director, EMEA Merch Director, external key stakeholders in EMEA Sourcing Offices and Global Innovation Center
* Define and manage operating budget for the department
* Partner with functional leaders in Design, Merchandising, Sourcing, Innovation, to achieve maximum efficiency in calendar adherence, margin, quality and delivery rates.
* Support the establishment of best practices in predictive-costing function
* Create and maintain dashboard and reporting of product development/management KPIs for executive review.
* Responsible for the entire briefing & development process for apparel, through to timely handover for bulk commercialization.
* Monitor and continuously improves workload and organizational efficiency
* Ensure product integrity and alignment with CSR requirements
* Implement and monitor all product development programs including product and raw material commercialization, fit, calendar and color adherence.
* Build and develop the team (objective setting, assessments, coaching) and fosters cross-department collaboration
* Be an engaged and committed team-mate, Be a facilitator in negotiations
* Sourcing: seasonal agreements on Vendor selections, strong involvement in Material price negotiations
* weekly alignment with VF Asia and Europe sourcing teams on vendor allocation, pricing challenges, Production challenges, etc
* Leading and coaching TNF EMEA Product Development Team (10+ pp)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Design (Apparel), Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 15+ years experience in Product Development (APPAREL) and/or Technical Services in a medium or large sized apparel company (MUST)
* Fluent in English, any other language is a plus
* Strong knowledge of product development processes including design, costing, manufacturing and sourcing, preferably with Asian based production and cut/sewn category
* Strong project planning and management skills, ability to develop and manage multiple timelines and deadlines
* Experience with Product Data Management systems (ie. Enovia) preferred
* Creates a strong, collaborative and supportive work culture where people can achieve objectives and fulfill their job expectations
The North Face, a VF Company
At The North Face “we dare to lead the world forward through Exploration”. We were born to Explore. We were born to Disrupt. We were born to Lead.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counterculture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, loving and protecting wild places, and creating iconic and technically advanced product.
We believe that exploration is a mindset – both on the mountain and off the mountain – and it infuses everything we do. As a community of explorers, we stay curious about new ideas, places and people.
– Love wild places
– Spark curiosity
– Dare to disrupt
– Create community
– Lead with integrity
By joining The North Face, you will help provide the best gear for our athletes and the modern-day explorer. You will also have the opportunity, tools and environment to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections.