Lead the P&L for designated area. In charge of the financials processes and accountable for forecast accuracy. Directs the LTP for his region, implements Sales Efficiency and MPS accordingly to EMEA guidelines. Leads the overall seasonal GTM strategy. Identifies and quantifies One-year-plan opportunities and makes sure resources are appropriately allocated. A Team builder and coach directly for the CSM’s and indirectly for the bigger sales teams on the ground: leads by example
Strategy and GTM (approx. 40% of time)
- Prepare and own the holistic Strategic 1yr and 3yr plan for the area based on EMEA OGSTM blueprint. Get x-functional alignment and track progress.
- Be accountable for MPS and Sales Efficiency implementation in the region accordingly to EMEA guidelines. Lead segmentation and differentiation strategy within the current MPS principles to build the base for sustainable growth.
- Drive seasonal GTM process from GTM0 to GTM3 to support Country Managers and team members to execute seasonal GTM plan accordingly. Ensure GTM2 and post GTM3 pitch-back for the area.
- Establish and maintain top level contact with the management of existing and potential customers/ partners.
- Lead autonomously the EMEA side projects or potential broadening assignments identified by manager.
Revenue (approx. 30% of time)
- Run the sales forecasts with the support of countries (G2N / Seasonal PB / Monthly shipping). Take this workload away from local territories and teams by taking the lead on the numbers. Work on 1yr and 3yr plan.
- Plan, control and direct activities of the country teams to hit the sales target and the desired profit margins.
- Lead country managers/ country sales managers to prepare appropriate budget for departmental operating expenses.
- Ensure market analysis of respective countries are done, to recommend pricing strategy and quantify opportunities.
- Lead and ensure yearly account contracts are in place, keeping general Brand guidelines and EMEA standard terms and conditions.
- Ensure needed discipline between local teams and Credit Department so financial stability and payment discipline of accounts are ensured.
People (approx. 20% of time)
- Coaching and managing the Country Sales Managers/ Country Managers in-line with the yearly and seasonal GTM objectives and OGSTM
- Lead organization through the lens of 3 E model (Envision / Enable / Energize). Make sure to master fundamentals (business planning and sell-in skills)
- Conduct yearly performance plan and appraisal meetings via Workday, tracking performance, providing ongoing feedback rewarding strong performers and addressing any performance issue.
- Strong knowledge of Retailers, Consumers and the Action Sports/Life style industry in respective countries/ area.
Process (approx. 10% of time)
- Challenge status quo when needed. Always propose new solutions to do things better / quicker when relevant.
- Lead and guide a structured selling process together with Country Manager/ Country Sales Manager and look for cross country improvements and learnings.
- Responsible that company procedures and sales conditions are respected.
- Recommend changes that would improve the effectiveness of achieving the objectives of the company.
- Further improve and evolve sales tools, coordinate sample sets, technologies (e-catalogue and B2B) to the sales organization. Define EDI customers to further improve business profitability for selected KA through monitoring sell through and replenishment of best sellers. Work closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the investments.
- Education: BA or BS degree in sales (Apparel or Industrial) or related field
- Experience: +7 years relevant and progressive experience in Sales management and team management
- Language skills: Fluent in English, any additional foreign languages would be considered as a plus