This position oversees the assigned retail accountant making re-order recommendations based on data obtained on a daily, weekly, or as needed basis.
OBJECTIVES of the JOB
As Sales Auditor Supervisor, your key responsibility will be ensuring the auditing of the retail sales to ensure sales accuracy & completeness. You will also be responsible for offering support to the retail business to ensure sales reporting is timely submitted to external parties, such as Landlords.
You and the team will work closely with the Retail Inventory Control, Loss Prevention and Process & Training team and the brand’s Retail Operations Teams to ensure that processes & procedures are carried out according to the internally established standards.
Retail Sales Audit
You oversee that:
* weekly reconciliations between the POS system and the accounting system are being performed on all retail & outlet sales in close cooperation with GBT/Retail Support the daily interface error reports for sales related errors are reviewed and cleared retail related balance sheets are resolved on a periodic basis allowing month end reconciliation
* You will work closely with the store staff and banking services to make sure any errors/discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner to ensure the sales flow through in accounting and to ensure underpaid transactions are reported for recuperation in a timely manner to avoid cash losses
* You ensure processes are in place capturing that new stores openings are reported as from opening date and closing stores are checked for completeness.
* You report issues to your Management in order to: help identify process improvements on any recurring interface issues follow-up and test any error reporting improvements with the involved IT departments.
* You are the key contact for the Retail Inventory Control team in order to communicate and fix any missing transactions which may affect upcoming stock counts
* the monthly analysis of the missing sales accruals with the Reporting Team & the Retail Analysts feeding accounting with the details for them to reconcile the retail gift voucher liability the timely preparation of TO certificates for the landlords (monthly, quarterly, annually)
You set up timely KPI dashboards for the retail business in order to proactively work with Retail Operations leaders to mitigate business challenges/risk suggest tips/tricks for Newsletter flashes identifying training needs
* You drive communications through regular meetings
* Within your own team
* With cross departmental partners like RIC, LP and P&T teams
* You support the design and implementation of new tools and strategies which positively impact sales audit business processes
* You guide the change management within the team for any new application introduction (e.g. SAP FICO, SAP FMS etc)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
* Education: Higher Education in EconomicsPreferably basic Accounting knowledge
* Experience: Minimum 4 year working experience, preferably in a retail (Apparel& Footwear is a plus) multinational environment.
* Languages: Proficient in English, spoken as well as written, any other Europeanlanguage is a plus.
* Good analytical and organizational skills are needed.
* Good working knowledge of computer systems with emphasis on MS Office, Outlook are needed. Excellent Excel skills are essential.
* Basic knowledge of AS400 platform (JBA & Cognos), SAP FMS is an asset.
* Willing to travel to other locations
* Proactive approach – Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifies improvement opportunities, generates ideas and implements solutions
* Treats change and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; identifies the benefits of change; speaks positively about the change to others
* Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
* Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
People supervisory skills:
* Can work independently, but is a real team player.
* Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team which facilitates the completion of team goals.
* Demonstrates usage of feedback, instruction, and development to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities.