As Planner within the Buying & Merchandising team you are responsible for two of our four channels. Digital (our own Ecommerce) and Retail (owned stores of Kipling).
You own the OTB Process and take responsability for Inventory Targets & delivering department Retail Revenue & Gross Margin%.
You are accountable for developing Retail & Digital Assortment Plans while partnering with Buying (B&M manager) and responsible for sales & stock reporting & sharing it with different stakeholders but also keep a close eye on digital Stock levels.
You take part in BI & ERP software projects
- Maintains Sales & stock inventory budget, actualizing & reforecasting to those budgets
- Plans and monitors basics & inventory levels.
- Work with fellow Planners to ensure a co-ordinated approach to inventory, revenue and size of categories within the Retail Stores & Digital platform.
- Initiate & execute all merchandise specific promotional activity.
- Regular meetings with area managers & digital department – Focus on inventory levels, execution of promotional activity and additional opportunities.
- Excess Planning for Digital Outlet.
Financial Management & Reporting
- Plans and manages the sales, margin and turnover targets for the Retail Stores & Digital.
- Analyses business results to measure progress and to determine needed adjustments to execution strategies.
- Have up to date knowledge of Sales Performance/Budgets/Forecasts.
- Quarterly Business Recaps.
- Regularly update on OTB Status.
- Compilation & circulation of Weekly/Monthly & Quarterly Reporting Packages including commentary
- Ad Hoc projects or sales analysis.
- Communication of Buy Plans to the Retail Stores & Digital team
- Analytical skills – ability to assess facts/results and make appropriate business decisions.
- Problem solving – think through and determine the most effective course of action.
- Planning skills – ability to install a sensible plan, evaluate the results and realistically forecast subsequent outcomes.
- Team-oriented – must partner with the buyer to strategize the season and implement the plan.
- Ability to lead, influence and function in a team. Impact – exerts influence on inventory decisions.
- Excellent PC skills – specifically Excel, Access and Power BI
- very strong communication skills.