We are seeking an experienced engineer with skills to play a critical role in developing our next generation eCommerce ecosystem. if you are tech-passionate with self-confidence looking for a new opportunity then this is an excellent position within the VF Digital Technology.
You will have a very good understanding of web application with a previous experience as developer/engineer preferably with multiple ecommerce systems. Your main responsibility as the Principle Engineer is to work side by side with the development team to select the right components that will be pillars for our ecommerce platform and work on delivering outstanding platform resilience. Understanding of agile methodology is a mandatory skill.
You will also partner closely with technical experts – including, but not limited to Architects – in defining reusable patterns, developing code standards/guidelines, and creating a review process that ensures qual ity across the development pipeline. Additionally, as the Principal Engineer you will own the identification of trends in ecommerce space, outline POCs, and along with other Engineers, determine go-forward adoption of researched technologies and frameworks.
* Partner closely with Product Managers and Product Owners to develop the overall Digital Commerce product strategy and roadmap
* Evaluate and recommend key technology elements frameworks for the next-gen platform
* Collaborate with Solution and Enterprise Architects to ensure technical direction lines up with broader Digital strategies
* Acts as primary technical contact for items related to ecommerce, interfacing with members of brand teams, operations/support, analytics, customer experience, and others
* Connect the product roadmap to development iterations and releases
* Participate in an Agile squad (scrum team), helping the group meet delivery schedules
* Working with the Product Manager, define KPIs to measure/monitor implementation progress and value, as well as the on-going state of the platform(s)
* Facilitate the involvement and training of Support/Operations personnel on the new product
* Works hands-on when necessary, and lead by example.
* Internal: Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Solution Architects, Service team, Front and Back-end Engineers, QA Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Operations Personnel, Business Owners
* External: Suppliers, Consultants
* 8+ years overall software development with 4+ years focused solely on ecommerce preferably Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
* Previous experience as a Software Engineer in Agile scrum teams highly desired
* Familiarity with eCommerce architecture is mandatory, and diverse experience in different ecommerce solutions and setups.
* Familiarity with JIRA & Confluence or similar tracking and management tools
* Provide guideline to developer and ensure high standards in code quality
* Ability to code review and advice on best practice
* Proactively avoid/mitigate any development blockers.
* Work on continuous improvement
* Superior problem solving and analytical skill
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and the ability to present information in a clear, concise and complete manner
* Self-starter, creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative attitude
* Ability to prioritization task based on sense of urgency and accuracy
* Strong experience in Salesforce Commerce Cloud or more ecommerce systems.
* Experience consuming real-time APIs
* Understanding of Continuous integration and Continuous deployment.
* Ability to perform code review and technical design review.
* Basic Knowledge of Infrastructure component (ie: Load Balancer, Networking and Server configuration).
* AWS Knowledge is considered a plus
* English fluency