As part of the transformation of the group, we are looking for a Global Marketing Director Aqua Lung. This position will be based in Nice area, France.
Aqua Lung is a leading global manufacturer and distributor of personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, OMER, Stohlquist and U.S. Divers.
Launched in 1946 under the name La Spirotechnique by French explorer Jacques Cousteau, Emile Gagnan and Air Liquide, Aqua Lung designs and produces a broad range of scuba diving equipment for recreational and professional use. Having gained global recognition in diving under the brands Aqua Lung and Apeks, the company successfully forayed into several other aquatic equipment markets (including free diving, snorkeling, fitness and competition swimming). The Aqua Lung company is a historical expert in scuba diving and has expanded its offering to complementary areas such as swimming, aqua fitness and free diving.
The new global Brands & Products Business Unit aims at building stronger global brands with more innovative products answering our consumers needs. Business ambition is to build a bigger and more profitable global Dive business. Along with optimized R&D and product management teams, we’re creating a new role of Global Marketing Director Aqua Lung overlooking all global marketing activities for the Aqua Lung brand.
The Global Marketing Director Aqua Lung will lead and monitor the new global marketing team to build an iconic Aqua Lung brand and deploy it consistently at every touchpoint.
She/he will lead a team of 3 and work closely with the Global Brands & Products VP as well as the teams in other functions or countries.
This position involves a high degree of collaboration with products managers, R&D teams, sales teams and functional as a leader or the rebuild of the brand.
Main role & responsibilities
- Create and manage a brand vision and mission through the company’s strategic roadmap for present and future success
- Monitor, measure, and manage brand equity / strength
- Champion/drive initiatives that support delivery of the brand platform
- Be the “voice of consumers” in the team through ongoing consumer understanding
- Manage the global Aqua Lung marketing team (3 people)
- Grow the brand awareness and equity globally, ahead of competition
- Create engaging and exciting brand content, social media, relationship with our ambassadors and PR
- Prepare and execute products launches both with customers and consumers
- Own the Go to Market process by driving the definition of unique marketing concept to support Key stories each season.
- Set up a clear plan of actions using all marketing levers (Social media, PR, Trade etc…) to connect in the most efficient way with targeted consumers
- Work closely with sales teams in E-Commerce and traditional retail
- Be an active member of the Dive global team and contribute to portfolio and products strategies
- Lead, develop and grow internal talent
- Extensive travel required to connect local teams and attend events as necessary as well as conduct market research
Education and Experience
- The candidate needs both to be able to set the strategic path, define a 360 plan and make it happen across all channels in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in business administration
- Minimum 8 years related marketing management and international experience in sporting goods industry and/or consumer products
- Experience with large multi-door retailers
- Experience in digital marketing, particularly social media
- Experience working with sponsored athletes or ambassadors and effective use of promoting them
- Experience administering a portfolio of brands, trademarks and domain names
- Work with diverse teams and coordinate requirements for implementation and completion
- Adapt, cope with change, make decisions and perform comfortably with risk and uncertainty
- Think strategically, synthesize the most complex data and develop innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment
- Deliver excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills
This position must be based in Nice France.
Thanks to send your resume and application letter to Carole DIGER exclusively.