For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”. The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively. At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
Vans Customs have been a tradition since 1966, when Paul Van Doren made shoes with any fabric people brought by the shop.
As the Customs Merchandiser, your responsibility will be to support the execution of business strategies to drive growth and feature development to enable creativity through our Customs platform.
In this role, you will be responsible for the Customs experience online for EMEA, analytics gathering and business reporting, and supporting cross functional partners by contributing to our seasonal calendar.
What will you do?
ON-SITE MERCHANDISING/CUSTOMS PRODUCT SET-UP
- Ensure custom content, recipes, and swatches are set-up on time and merchandised.
- Follow/own the product and catalogue set-up for seasonal assortment refreshes.
- Partner with eCommerce Merchandising Managers to ensure proper visibility of Customs products in the category pages, and navigation according to analytics, testing data and relevant strategies.
- Work with the Global teams in the US to align and leverage on key stories and campaigns.
- Partner with local Digital Marketing teams to develop and execute a marketing calendar for email and site updates, including homepage updates and content refreshes for EMEA relevant stories.
- Build business reporting to share insights to cross functional partners, EMEA leaders, as well as the Global team.
- Gather analytics focusing on marketing executions and user experience.
- Provide insights on style performance, swatch behavior and trend.
- Analyze website search results and work with eCommerce team to identify trends and opportunities within the Customs platform.
- Gather analysis from Customer Service, UX team, Retail teams to understand customer feedback and implement changes to improve customer experience.
- Stay current and up to date on digital technology experiences, new innovative capabilities, key competitor actions, and industry trends.
- Manage relationships that support the Customs platform with NORA counterparts and technology partners.
- Support Customs site maintenance activities and enhancements.
What you need to succeed?
- Passion for Vans and the lifestyle it represents.
- 3-5 years’ professional experience.
- Previous eCommerce experience in an online merchandising capacity preferred.
- Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or another analytical tools experience.
- Previous experience in a CMS tool is helpful.
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication. Other languages will be a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to convert raw data from multiple sources into actionable insights.
- Self-starter that can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to develop relationships with other departments and regions.
- Quick with learning new tools and platforms.
- Proficient in eCommerce and retail industry advancements, trends and initiatives.
- Competitor and commercial awareness.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand.
- Join a multi brand, multi countries organization to drive you career forward.
- International, fun yet challenging working culture.