ASPOM is looking for Patagonia: Direct to Consumer Demand Planner
Founded in 1973, Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company based in Ventura, California. A certified B Corporation, Patagonia’s mission is to build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm and use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis. The company is recognized internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $78 million in grants and in-kind donations to date.
For our office in Amsterdam, we are looking for:
Direct to Consumer Demand Planner
Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis. Your role will contribute to this by ensuring that Patagonia Europe has the appropriate products and level of inventory to meet the targets of our direct to consumer channels. This means to essentially ensure that we have the right products, right quantity, at the right time, in the right size and colors.
- Determine the demand plan for the direct to consumer channels to meet the budget. (Retail and E-com)
- Have regular planned meetings with the relevant channel heads and merchandising manager to gain buy in to demand plan.
- Determine quantities to forecast at the style/color/size level based on sales statistics, merchandising, marketing and respective channel sales feedback.
- Provide updated forecasts to meet the global planning deadlines. Also to proactively provide additional forecasting information when required.
- Create and regularly maintain a clear and easy to understand forecast dashboard for management and relevant parties to view.
- Monitor oversold and undersold at the sell-in stage and communicate forecast accuracy by season, team, style, color and size.
- Analyze in season sales figures to improve future forecast and give feedback to the channels.
- With the European merchants create seasonal time curves to optimize product flow and generate sales.
- Manage information and provide support to the direct to consumer business through the use of AX.
- Build a seasonal assortment plan in 7thonline assortment planning tool.
- Manage and upload all forecast information into CDP.
- Have a clear vision of forecast and actual supply.
- Monitor and report on relevant KPI’s.
- Have a clear overview of Inventory at any time. Providing a dashboard of inventory that can be used by management across all channels.
- Allocate and monitor the correct stock levels within all our channels. Also chase availability of oversold styles from elsewhere within the company.
- Monitor supply OTIF (On Time In Full) rates from factories and monitor our performance against proposed business plan.
- Manage and clearly communicate discontinued merchandize (DM’s). To maintain the DM level within a specified % agreed with the Merchandising Manager.
- Work closely with the European Merchandising and direct to consumer channels, to help build the most affective product assortment in-line with the global marketing stories.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Minimum of 3+ years Direct to Consumer planning experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Business of related field.
- Fluency in English, other languages a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and a pro-active approach to business. Ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Process oriented with the ability to identify solutions to problems and opportunities by analyzing data.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Advanced computer skills;
- excellent EXCEL capabilities,
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence,
- 7th online Merchandise and Assortment Planning or similar,
- Microsoft Dynamics AX or other ERP system experience a plus.
- Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Used to working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Interest in outdoor sports is a plus.
Patagonia is committed to equal employment opportunities and diversity. If you are interested, please forward your motivations and resume in English under reference DP / AMS by e-mail to Carole DIGER applying above.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.