Position: Director, Assortment Planning Global Capability Lead, Retail Merchandising Transformation
Interested applicants can work at VF HQ locations including Denver CO or Costa Mesa CA. Will also consider Stabio, Switzerland and or Shanghai, China.
The Global Retail Merchandising Transformation Team is responsible for driving the overall pace of Retail Merchandising Reloaded (RMR) program, accelerating the building and activation of VF’s strategic Retail-centric capability across processes, people and systems.
How You Will Make a Difference
Reporting to the VP of Global Retail Merchandising Transformation, the successful candidate will provide oversight and deep expertise to build and develop the assortment planning capability across 3 Regions and 3 Brands, over a multi-year horizon. You will enhance our team’s skillset by bringing working knowledge of mer chandising processes associated with assortment planning to achieve our future state vision.
Scope of Assortment Planning Capability includes development and deployment of processes, tools, and systems to support the successful implementation of a consumer-centric merchandise model as it relates to assortment planning. Key processes in scope within assortment planning includes: hind sighting, conceptual assortment plan, line planning, and receipt flow planning; this will require coordination with external partners (software vendor, business process consulting, technical implementation consulting, and systems integrator) and internal partners (Merchandising Financial Planning, Allocation, and Replenishment Capability Leads, Project Polaris, EtE, Digital Technology, and Change Management).
What you will do:
* Provide strategic thought leadership for the defining of assortment planning functional and technical requirements for the system implementation
* Define the business processes for the future state, retail-centric assortment planning capability and drive alignment across teams
* Support the multi-year capability activation across different regions and brands
* Develop recommendations to key business partners during the development of business processes, analytics, reporting, and systems implementation
* Work with all levels of management to ensure alignment across key functions and tasks
* Strategic planning, process development, and stakeholder relationship management
* Act as liaison between business teams and consulting partners (functional and technical)
* Coordinate key decisions between Assortment Planning and Merchandising Financial Planning, Allocation, and Replenishment capabilities
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: 12+ with proven track record in related role; management consulting experience is a plus
What we expect you already know:
* Experience in vertically integrated retailer; apparel and footwear experience preferred
* Experience with Assortment Planning Software a plus (e.g., SAS, Blue Yonder, Oracle, etc.)
* Assesses quickly with a track record of getting up to speed and adding immediate value to new situations
* Experience with managing large, complex global change efforts and to drive results through influence, operational tactics and relationships
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize, conceptually interpret and clearly communicate material developed collaboratively via the input of multiple parties; translate complexity into the actionable
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office; expert in PowerPoint and Excel
* Proven understanding and experience in methodologies such as Agile (Scrum)
* % Travel Time 20%+
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage both mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF” to learn more.
We just have one question. Are you in?