We’re looking for an outstanding Finance Manager to join our Kipling team in Antwerp, Belgium.
Kipling is part of VF, the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands.
If you are an active lifestyler then you are probably very familiar with brands such as Vans, The North Face, Timberland, Napapjiri, Eastpak, Kipling and others. These are just some of the names we at VF produce and sell in over 1500 stores across 170 countries.
Let’s talk about the role!
In this role you will be responsible for financial reporting and consolidation of the Kipling Brand Globally. He/She will act as a trusted financial partner and
advisor, supporting the Brand by analysing and evaluating business opportunities, as well as providing insightful views on our current business model and propose potential change opportunities. You look into further standardising or professionalising financial processes/reports across regions.
By joining our team as financial Manager, on a daily basis you will:
* Provide financial support / analysis to the Brand team in evaluating business opportunities
* Help lead / transform the business model to increase revenue in each business channel
* Provide financial and strategic counsel in the successful execution of management decisions / directives (e.g. store openings etc)
* Coordinate activities with Brand teams in the region
* Facilitate good communication and informatio flow across the matrix organization
* Coordinate all finance activities across the Brand
Financial / admin duties
* Consolidate Regional’s reporting into Global Brand reporting
* Monitor and coordinate Financial Planning and Analysis activities (including monthly reporting of actual, forecasts, budget process, variance analysis vs forecast, plan, cost control)
* Implementation and monitoring of internal controls and best practices.
* Problem solving on Financial & Administrative issues.
Key skills for success:
Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
* Higher degree (Master or Bachelor) in Finance or Economics with a minimum of 5 to 10 years of professional experience in an environment multinational environment, preferably in a US Gaap based company
* Deep knowledge of Fashion dynamics, from both a financial and strategic point of view
* Leadership: ability to coordinate activities in multiple countries, facilitating communication among the key players and from/to Brands management
* Excellent communication skills: Fluent English, Chinese or/and Dutch would be a plus
* Analytical Skills: Knowledge in US GAAP, Reporting System, ERP systems experience and understanding in Internal controls/Best Practises
* Team player within an international and multi-cultural team, develop efficient and structured ways of working with local and regional team members
* Being a hands-on person, result-oriented, quality-driven, strong analytical skills, you should have the ability to translate operational reality into numbers and numbers into action
* Used to working with strict deadlines
* Able to translate project objectives into a work plan as well as entrepreneurial behavior, striving for results through taking ownership, being persistent as well as being solution focused
Our success story started in ‘87 in the heart of the fashion capital Antwerp (Belgium) with the iconic crinkled nylon bags. Today Kipling’s well-known bags and accessories are available around the world in 436 stores in 80 countries and can be found in more than 7500 shops including the best department-stores, and kipling.com.
We are on a mission, to live a vibrant and colorful life – to go places you never been before. We lighten your step, powering your curiosity, to go your own way.
That’s why we inject all our creativity and out-of-the-box thinking into developing thoughtful designs with a casual coolness. Simply put, we design bags that inspire mobility and lighten your life. At Kipling our culture is driven by 4 values. We are determined. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun.
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!